Saturday, February 3, 2007

Staying Single

I think I'm going to just wait to get married until I'm perfect. I mean let's face it, I'm kind of perfect right now, but I think I'll wait until I own a nice house, have all my debt paid off, have a PhD in something... and the dream job (this one's pretty stinking close). Cause seriously, why walk into something when I'm not quite ready... why should I commit to something like marriage when I'm not prepared for it?? So I think I'll wait. I think I'll just get everything nailed down first, and then worry about a spouse.

Seriously, that's what it feels like when people tell me they "just aren't ready" to begin to know God. They tell me they need to figure some things out first, or live first, or experience the other side first... it feels like people are saying what I just said up above. To wait until everything's perfectly nailed down or until you understand everything perfectly isn't going to happen. You'll never get there. If I were to wait until I had everything perfectly figured out to get married, it'd never happen... As soon as I crossed one marker, another'd pop up down the road a ways, and I'd be single until the day I died. Which just might happen, but God forbid it happens because I'm foolish about it. I'm comfortable being single; but I'm not comfortable being foolish about it.

And I'm not comfortable with people using foolish excuses when they consider God. Think about your life... where are you with God?? Have you used this excuse??

No comments: