Thursday, August 14, 2008

Arriving.

Is it possible to have arrived and yet still be coming??

Physically, no, of course not, but intellectually, spiritually?? I say yes.

Scientists are brilliant and have a 'full' understanding of their field and yet they are still growing and learning more and more with regularity. If they don't, they stop being relevant and stop having the ability to fully understand their field. A full understanding of their field is based on the assumption that as new things are revealed within that field, they grasp and internalize that new concept.

As an Armenian, the idea that we never spiritually 'arrive' is frightening: smacks of Calvin, and yet it's not that we haven't arrived, so to speak, but that while I've 'arrived' God continues to open my eyes to new concepts. He's sanctified me, and yet, He continues to grow me. If I ever cease to strive toward understanding the thoughts of God in better and fuller methods, I slip backwards.

Righteousness IS being righteous and living right, but it's also continually striving towards increasing righteousness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too true, Jeremy. Where to begin? Sometimes, it seems like we seek after some experience, rather than seeking God Himself. Then, of course, when one actually comes along we are so blown away we want to build a monument or something. And, rather than humbling us like it should, we become arrogant, thinking we have arrived somehow, rather than realizing that we have just been given this great gift which is only the teeniest, tiniest tip of the iceberg. Well, maybe that's not exactly what you were saying, but it's where my mind went. So I for one hope you keep up the thought provoking messages!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Oops - I just realized I meant to respond to your former entry, on the price of gas. Oh well, I guess you can sort it out.

Mom

Zee & Spencer said...

I am not on face book. Never even been there. Don't know if I can get on if I don't have a profile. I'll check later. Gonna meet up w/ your sis on Fri for lunch. So sorry I missed her wedding. We've been on the road all summer...in Homedale now (30 min west of Nampa). Mark (Boothy)and Amy (Johnson) just had a baby yesterday so I'm home w/ their first daughter--taking her to school and picking her up.

Later Gator!

Zee