Friday, September 12, 2008

No Title.

Jesus died on the cross, this we know and believe and trust!! And upon that death lies my faith, but do I have to believe that to be saved?? Simplest situation, a tribal guy in the middle of nowhere, knows nothing of scripture… he wants to know God and God wants to know him… this I believe. So he cries out, and begins to find God in the wilderness… in the nothingness… Does he have to hear the “gospel” and believe that Jesus lived perfect, died on the cross, rose again… in order to pay for my sins… Does he need to know this to be saved??

I kinda think not. These things happened in order that I would be made right with God… that my sins would be paid for. Do I need to know about it or is it paid regardless?? The sinners sins are paid for despite him never claiming that prize. How about the tribal guy who doesn’t ‘know’ Jesus… and in not knowing Him, knows Him wonderfully.

If I go to the store and a rich man is at the front and he sees me walk in, recognizes that I’m poor, need money, and gives his credit card number to the girl at the front and says, Pay for whatever that man brings to the front, do I need to know he did that for my bill to be paid?? No clue if that’s a valid analogy or not..

But finally, I think God desires relationship more than anything else, not intellectual conformity!! Therefore, I should think whether or not we fully understand the story, to seek relationship with God would be enough!?? I'm sure my dad will comment this soon and correct something. :) And that's almost what I'm looking for.

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Since God created humans for the purpose of relationship, I would assume that is what He cares about most of all. Sometimes we do not really need to understand the big picture. We only need to be obedient. Our obedience to God is to develop the very relationship we were created to function in. I believe God performs miracles on my behalf on a daily basis. Just because I don't see them all does not mean that some of them do not exist or that somehow I am not a Christian. If God wants me to see something He has done on my behalf, He will show me. It is the same with the price paid for our sins. Although I believe it is possible to accept Christ without full knowledge of the sacrifice He paid, knowing definitely makes the relationship sweeter!