Monday, May 14, 2007

I Know

Here's another one... I think I wrote this one last week.

The only reason I say I think is cause I'm not sure it'll ever get sung anywhere... and if it's never sung, is it for real?? If a sermon is never preached, is it a sermon or a thought? If a song's never sung, is it a song?

But here's another melodic thought:

"I Know"

Well I’m looking down the avenue,
I don’t know what I want to do
With my life…

And I’m thinking bout the crazy stuff
Like bein smart and bein tough
In the public eye…

And I thought I had it all figured out…
I’d made the grade; I was in the crowd
But I fell short

And I realized as I cast my eyes
Upon the cross and it’s surprise
Of a risen Lord

And I don’t know what to do…
I don’t know where to go…
I don’t know who to trust all the time…

But I know You are faithful…
I know that You love me…
I know that I can trust You with my life.
I know that You died for me…
I know that You care for me…
I know I want to serve You, till I die.

1 comment:

bette said...

hey Jeremy I started an account just so I could comment on this. I like it. I think it might be better if it was longer.